With so much talk about Green Remodeling, it is important to know that you can trust Opal Enterprises to offer you Green products & practices.
We offer the most Energy Efficient windows & doors. Whether you choose triple-paned window from Alside, wood windows from Andersen that are using sustainable woods and Green manufacturing practices, or a composite product; we are here to educate and provide you with those options. Andersen Windows is named the 2010 Energy Star® Partner of the year. Andersen is proud to be an ENERGY STAR® partner, offering energy efficient replacement windows and doors that help save on heating and cooling costs and create a comfortable home year-round.
Opal Enterprises has made the commitment to recycle the debris from your home’s remodeling project. We work with Hertigage Disposal here in Naperville. They are committed to saving on average 80% of construction waste from the landfills. This includes the recycling of asphalt shingles, vinyl, aluminum and wood!
Because Opal documents the actuall tonage of construction waste, and our office manager has passed the GAF Green Roofer test…Opal is proud to be a very rare GREEN ROOFER with the community, state, and Nation!
When it comes to choosing a green product for your siding improvement project with Opal Enterprises, you have 2 choices:
James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding is a green product because it lasts, is durable and requires little or no maintenance! Fiber-cement siding is made to hold-up to the elements and last on your home for years to come.
Opal is a James Hardie preferred remoder
Longer lasting materials not only require fewer resources for replacement, but also reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- Manufacturing processes focus on quality, first-run materials. Zero to Landfill project aims
to reduce the amount of raw materials waste sent to the landfills.
- James Hardie® siding is noncombustible in accordance with ASTM E 136 and can be
installed to achieve MIAMI-DADE Large and Small Missile Impact Rating.
- Unique ColorPlus® Technology manufacturing process includes the selection of low VOC
paints; which are baked on in our factories, and deliver a quality, consistent and durable
finish. A 15-year finish warranty ensures reduced need for repainting.
- James Hardie minimizes fresh water usage by recycling water in its plants up to four times.
- Our manufacturing facilities support the regional economy and reduce the environmental
impact caused by transportation of materials.
- Raw materials that are extracted and processed near each manufacturing facility also
reduce additional transportation emissions.
SIDING/FULLY INSULATED VINYL
Opal Enterprises offers 1 brand of fully insulated vinyl siding…manufactured by ALSIDE….called PRODIGY
Opal Enterprises installs premium vinyl siding
A precisely contoured insulating underlayment – the thickest foam in the industry up to 1-1/2″ thick** – delivers exceptional R-value (resistance to heat flow), while providing the rigidity and straight course lines you expect
- Provides exemplary economic performance when evaluating costs associated with all life-cycle stages, from raw material acquisition to waste management.
- Delivers superior environmental performance compared to other cladding based on the use of a life-cycle assessment tool compliant with ISO 14044.
- Is safe to handle and install and poses no health risks to installers or inhabitants once installed.
- Never needs paint or stain so it will not contribute maintenance-related chemicals to the waste stream.
- Is a durable product that’s engineered to last a “lifetime” on the home.*
Call Opal Enterprises today to talk to us about what Green Product makes the most sense for you unique home in Chicago’s western suburbs! 630.355-6557