What is James Hardie Fiber Cement?
Fiber cement siding is made up of all natural, non-toxic, renewable materials that when combined, make for a highly durable alternative to vinyl and wood siding products; It is a product created in an autoclaving curing process and is composed of wood or cellulose fiber, cement, sand and water. Fiber cement closely resembles real cedar boards in aesthetics as it has authentic wood appearance.
Why James Hardie?
James Hardie fiber cement siding is an innovative and low-maintenance choice for any of Opal’s valued homeowners. James Hardie recognizes that everyone’s “dream home” is unique and provides a wide variety of architectural options and stunning products to virtually establish any style.
James Hardie Hardiplank® lap siding presents homeowners with the best of what both wood and vinyl have to offer. Over the life of your home, Hardiplank® lap siding offers low maintenance without sacrificing the character and charm of natural wood, increasing your home’s curb appeal and value.
Siding that Pays Back
James Hardie fiber cement siding installed by Opal can offer homeowners countless benefits over a lifetime:
- For the 8th straight year, Remodeling Magazine named residing your home with James Hardie as the #1 return on your remodeling investment-higher than both bathroom and kitchen remodels. In fact, it was rated the #1 home improvement above all others.
- A longer paint cycle that can help save you up to $5,000 (on average) over 15 years
- Lower homeowner insurance premiums (14% lower on average) compared to vinyl siding
- Up to a 50-year limited transferrable product warranty, as well as a 15-year finish warranty covering both paint and labor
- Builder Magazine voted James Hardie fiber cement siding as one of the 20 most innovated products from the last two decades, and named it as the number one quality exterior lap siding product for the past nine years.
- Fiber cement siding will record the greatest gains through 2012 as consumers and builders increasingly become aware of the material’s performance advantages. – July 2008 Freedonia Siding industry study
- Money Magazine Singles Out HardiePlank® Siding As A Great Value – MONEY Magazine 2005